Tuesday

Fanatic

A few weeks ago my friend Angie had a post about her weird obsessions and I, of course, said reading. I also said Penzey's (Vietnamese cinnamon, how I love thee) but that is a post for another day. Now I don't think that reading is weird, however, I must say that I take it to the extreme. I knew Chad was the one for me when we were sitting at a meal together and realized that we were both subtly trying to read the back of the ketchup bottle while we were talking.

Within my reading obsession is my distinct, passionate and unrivaled love for magazines. You could put anything in a magazine format and I will read it. Unless you made it really big like W, that's just unwieldy, or really small, like Reader's Digest. Then I'm just downright suspicious. So, today while picking up my book club selection at the library (yeah, yeah I'm reading it) I couldn't resist picking up Bitch magazine. I had heard an interview with the ed in chief on NPR forever ago, but never got around to picking it up. Well, I laughed and laughed in the two minutes I had to look it over. Then I went to their web site and saw a link to Book Slut. Love IT!!! It makes me sad that I don't do more web surfing.

My favorite article in Bitch- reviews of new "women's" magazines and Bitch's cut to the chase about how insipid and condescending they are. Will it stop me from reading In Touch at Spa Week? No, it will not.

No comments: