Sunday

I register Olivia for kindergarten tomorrow, we are going with her best friend Alex in case either of the mothers has to have a moment where we break down and bawl in the middle of the school gym. In Stephanie's school district the kids have to take some basic proficiency skills tests just to see if the kids might need special support. I don't think they do that in Madison, but if they do I am going to have her do it in three different languages interchangeably, just to see what happens, just because I want to see what the speech pathologist's face looks like when little white Olivia starts speaking to her in Mandarin. With my luck she will start speaking Spanish and they will put her in the ESL class, though maybe that wouldn't be so bad? There is nothing in this world Olivia loves more than showing off, so none of these antics will require prompting by me anyway.

Olivia explained to me today that her plans for tomorrow basically are to stage a sit-in with her cadaver book from Uncle Sean until they just let her start kindergarten. She believes that if she just refuses to leave registration, they will just let her start tomorrow. So this is going to be awesome, I can tell already. Good thing we leave for Florida on Tuesday, otherwise we would never get out of there.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Readers please note that the "cadaver book" is the real "Gray’s Anatomy of the Human Body" that Med students have to learn. Sean found it in a used book store.

I almost got Olivia a complete first grade work book series a while back and didn't because I figured that she would breeze through it and then be bored in Kindergarten.

I suspect that school with Olivia will be an even more "interesting" experience than school with Chad and Sean (keeping in mind that Sean was home-schooled due to illness!).

I have tried to prepare Chad and Liz, but the full impact can't be prepared for.

This is going to be an adventure!

Anonymous said...

This is why we do such things without Ellie :)

Sean said...

I'm glad she likes the books. I was a little worried.

Liz Allman said...

No, the cadaver book, is an awesome book that Sean found that actually has color photographs of disected human cadavers. Totally gross, therefore beloved. It reminds her of seeing the cow's eye at the Exploratorium, a very fond memory. I don't let her bring Grey's Anatomy anywhere, it is too big.

Liz Allman said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sean said...

If I'm honest I will admit that I edited out two pages out of the photo body book. I'm glad she likes it though. I wasn't sure what level she was at - either a photo girl still or needing the latin verbage with detailed drawings. Maybe we'll just rewrap that other one and give it to her when she enters second grade. She should know Latin by then, right?