Sunday

hey baby

Our house has spent the last few days getting ready for 2009. We put away the Christmas stuff (hello living room, I missed you so) and made some nice inroads into our to-do lists. So tonight at dinner I ask Olivia what her resolutions for 2009 are; I explain that resolutions are getting rid of bad habits or making more time for things you enjoy doing. Chad suggests that she resolve to stop sucking her thumb. She replies that since she doesn't believe sucking her thumb to be bad, it cannot be a bad habit. So we move on to my resolutions, however we only made it as far as number one-to get Olivia ready to start school. After that it was all talk about how she was ready and, in fact, she would prefer that kindergarten start tomorrow. So I ask her what i am going to do while she is in school and her reply is, no lie, "Drink wine and cry." Little does she know that by the time September rolls around it will be happy tears. By then I might also be actually drinking wine, since my child tells everybody that I do so I might as well start. This is after she told me earlier this evening that she wants an additional mother who will be more accommodating with producing siblings in baby form.

So starting tomorrow Olivia is getting her wish and we are borrowing a friend's baby for a week just to shut her up (and to fill the gap in her child care). After hour four of baby whimpers and poop diapers we'll see who wants a baby brother. Do i have any wine in the house?

No comments: