Wednesday

What You Learn After 12 Days Hanging With Someone Undergoing Chemo and Putting Your Grandfather In A Nursing Home

Yeah, good times. So, I have been busy. I have learned that all the years of my stinginess with television and sweets all came to fruition when I needed to get a four year-old to sit, still, quietly. Endless Hershey kisses and Nickelodeon can apparently achieve just that. I learned that it is, indeed, not possible to stage an intervention for a woman and her Lifetime movies (but you can give positive reinforcement for her love of Rachel Maddow). I learned you can be the classiest people in the room in a wig and a three year-old Old Navy skirt. That life as I know it would cease to exist without caffeine free Diet Coke and Trazadone. That no matter how much you love someone they can't live forever. That all you can do in life is try to make the right choices and the rest really isn't up to you. That Chanel nail polish is the best stocking stuffer of the season, even Oprah says so. And those assholes in Florida have a better Target than me. Seriously, I have 100 inches of snow, the least I deserve is the best Target. Bitches.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, this is a bit late so no one will notice it. But in the same circumstances as Elizabeth I learned (once again) what a smart and loving niece I have been given. How at 31 years old you can be very wise. That a stay-at-home can be just as engaging as she with a career. And that being a Grand-uncle can be lots of fun.

To anyone who might stumble upon this post--Merry Christmas. May you always be blessed with Elizabeth, Chad and Olivia.