Wednesday

Tiny Dancer

So tonight I went and bought Olivia her very first ticket to The Nutcracker. We are going Christmas Eve and I am not going to lie, I cried right there at the ticket booth. i am not girly about much, but I go absolutely little-girl-sparkly-pink crazy for The Nutcracker. I dress up, I wear lip gloss and I am so thrilled to be dipping into my inner-princess with my all princess, all the time, little girl. The fact that it is going to involve dancing is merely icing on the cake. So I blew my my entire December allowance on orchestra seats, there will be a very tea and crumpets lunch ahead of time, and then my little Clara will actually get to see the dance moves that accompany the music that she has been making up her own moves to for years.

As a warm up her dad is taking her to a full-length performance of her school's dance troupe Friday night. I wish him good luck and God speed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Until I got to the second paragraph and read "her dad" I really thought this post was by Chad.

Liz Allman said...

Could have gone either way really.