Thursday

Speaking of shitty attitudes


Whew, Nelly, am I ready for this kitchen to be done. Yet for all my bitching and complaining i have one day that will stand out as the best day of the kitchen remodel and that was Monday. Monday came on the heels of a very busy weekend finishing the walls and trying to get in all the cabinets that needed counter tops. So when Monday rolled around I needed to have some semblance of normalcy return to my universe; everything is filthy, scattered across the whole house I have no empty surfaces to eat or set anything on, it is maddening. So I had a flash of genius and threw every empty cardboard box I have acquired in this long process, which is many, onto my driveway, filled up one with every art supply my daughter owns and invited over the neighbor kid.

Olivia was gone all day. I came out once to feed and rehydrate the children. After Olivia's nap, back out to the boxes, this time with action figures, dinosaurs and cars. She didn't come in until dinner. I was able to clean out all the drywall dust, put some stuff away and earn the undying gratitude of my neighbor. One day of peace in what has been anything but a peaceful process, there are no words for how how grateful I am to the cardboard box.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: