Wednesday

Beautiful Dreamer

This is quite possibly the most beautiful picture that I have ever seen. This is Angie, her fantastic husband Mike, and baby Luke. i always thought that pictures of my baby would be the most beautiful, but these are my friends who have had to endure things that would have broken other people, certainly divorced them, but they are smiling with the most beautiful baby I have ever seen. The baby I held my breath and prayed for nine months for when his mother called me in the middle of fixing dinner for thirty people to tell me, the only baby that I have ever gotten on my knees and prayed for, the baby who I will thank God for every day because he is so deserved by his parents who I know believe that he makes up for every terrible thing that has happened to them. And he does because he is the most beautiful baby I have ever seen.

At Angie's shower I made Luke a shirt that says "Dream Come True" and he is to everyone who loves Angie and Mike. I can't wait to hug him and squeeze him and tell him so.

2 comments:

Barb said...

I'm so excited for you to meet him, Liz. He seems to be the perfect combination of Mike and Ang.

angieoh! said...

AWWWWWWwwwwwwwww.
You guys are killing me and my hormones here. Little guy is doing great. His parents? Well, we are doing our best!

Thanks for being such a great friend. Please tell Olivia I don't want to be fired as Luke's momma cuz he is just about the sweetest little guy ever. :)