Saturday

Game On

It has been a busy week at our house, but the biggest day by far has been opening day of the Madison Mallards. The Mallards are basically a bunch of college kids from around the Midwest who just want to play ball all summer so local families here feed and house them, and we love 'em. Well, Chad and I like them and Olivia LOVES them. I bought Chad a bunch of tickets for Father's Day last year and the whole thing has blown up to be a tradition for the two of them, Chad's friends, even Chad's dad has been looking forward to going to another game. The reason; Olivia's rabid fandom. She has favorite players, a rapport with the mascot, and even does her own impersonation of the announcer. On opening day I had to call Chad at work and say, "For the love of God please come home because she has been dressed and ready to go for three hours and if she asks me how much longer even one more time I am driving her to the ball field and leaving her there." The best part for me is I get a complete, wholesale pass on blaming Chad for this. He made his bed, and now it is smothering him to death. But her game face (see right) is pretty cute. I think I must call it cute because otherwise blood lust is deeply disturbing in a four year-old.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: