Monday

Brave New World

So today is our first day home post pre school and so far nothing has gone wrong. I am on schedule, there have been no meltdowns from mother or daughter and I felt absolutely no guilt about blowing two hours outside digging a giant snow tunnel, because I have her all day, every day this week. She even has the week off from dance class. I never realized how much time I had been losing to pre school and how it always made me feel pressed for time. Also, how having two different schedules one for pre school and non-preschool days was screwing us up. I was worried that i was going to be desperately filling the hours with tv, so far it has not even been turned on.

I love feeling estatic about spending one morning with my child like it is a major accomplishment.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Though Maria was confused and quizzed me as to why Olivia wasn't at preschool yesterday morning. "Did her mother have a baby?" she asked. No, I said, probably not. ""Is Olivia in Canada?" Also not likely, said her father. Her brow furrowed as she attempted to think of other possibilities, without success. "Well where was she then?!?"

Liz Allman said...

Tell her I had a cat.