Wednesday

Confessions of a person who thinks about drowning this cat


Wondering why I haven't been blogging in awhile? You are looking at it. Olivia's 4th birthday gift was a cat. While I contend that she would have been just as happy with a fish, her father wouldn't have been so now we have a kitten. What I really have is another baby. The thing poops everywhere, follows me everywhere and has my kid wound up higher than a kite which is what I needed on the week of her pink pajama pizza party. I hate to say this because probably everyone reading this blog is and I know this because I get your Christmas cards with your animals on them, but I am not an animal lover. I had many, many pets as a kid and I liked exactly one, my box turtle. I like my space, my quiet time and when my kid is gone I don't want to be climbed on my something that smells.

But i love my husband so I caved, again. At least it is not a freaking dog.
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

John said...

Happy 4th Birthday Olivia... enjoy the cat...

tina said...

KITTY :) now i will have something to play with once Miss Olivia goes to sleep!

Mike Watters said...

Why is your cat pooping everywhere? I have never had a cat that doesn't instinctively know to use the box.

Liz Allman said...

She has a parasite, earmites and is blind in one eye so she is having some trouble getting it all together. She tries hard, but I will not let her out of her concrete room until her antibiotics are through.

Sean said...

parasite, earmite, blind in one eye? What the heck did you guys do - go to pound and say "Give me the worse cat you have. We want a challernge."

Liz Allman said...

Yes, that is exactly what your brother did.

Anonymous said...

I can't believe nobody has bothered to ask if the cat has a name.

Sean said...

I thought the name was "Liz's pain in the ass." Does it have another name?