Tuesday

My TiVo has betrayed me

On top of the fact that my computer and wireless card are at war, my TiVo has betrayed me. I hate it when technology which is designed to be smarter than me does not intuit my every need and want. As a result of the writer's strike, my TiVo is generally empty with the exception of Project Runway and the vast Martha enterprise. Like most people, I have used this opportunity to just not watch as much television. However, I did want to finally watch a few shows that we have missed out on, like Mad Men, and give a few of these new ones, like Breaking Bad, a try. However, my TiVo keeps deleting them off. Despite my resetting of preferences, reconfiguring my Season Pass, apparently my TiVo feels like I am neglecting it and sees fit to punish me by deleting all my new shows before I can watch them. I am starting to suspect that the voices have been right all along and the TiVo is a network ploy to shove Three and Half Men down my throat because I can see no other reason why it keeps showing up on my TiVo and deleting my Law and Orders.

No comments: