Wednesday

Grating

Okay, I was going to try and keep my politicking to comments on other people's blogs, but a news clip I heard on NPR today just pushed me over the edge and I couldn't take it anymore. I was totally disgusted by Hilary Clinton crying, disgusted. I myself am I crier, I cry at everything, angry, happy, Rice Krispie commercials, whatever. I, however, tried to refrain from crying at work. I have done it three times in my life and all three times I excused myself and finished my cry in the bathroom. Because that's what you do, because it is not professional.

Hilary Clinton would throw a puppy under a train if that is what it took to accomplish her goals. That is what I like about her. Wouldn't vote for her, but that's because I think that she has become a partisan harpie who would spend more time extracting revenge on anyone who has ever done her wrong than making policy. This is beside the point. I will now never vote for her, even if she is my party's chosen candidate. You can't have your cake and eat it too. You are either a tough, mature, experienced presidential candidate or you are a woman who cries when the other candidates attack you at a debate. The campaign trail is tough? Hello? You know that better than anyone, you don't see Elizabeth Edwards out there choking up because Ann Coulter threw out crap about her dead son. And she has freaking cancer to boot! If you are going to be ambitious, take on the world, finally rip down that glass ceiling, please don't insult every woman who follows after you by doing it as a "softer"candidate.

What really topped me off was the NPR interview with a Hilary supporter who told her daughter that she was "ungrateful" because she was not supporting a female candidate. Oh, I'm sorry I thought the whole point of the feminist movement was that I didn't have to take whatever pile of crap was handed to me and be grateful?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Didn't she actually cry with gratitude in New Hampshire? I haven't heard anything about crying at a debate.