Thursday

Date With Disaster

I heard an interview with the author of this book, Kitchen Playdates, on NPR a few weeks ago and wrote the title down in my little notebook that I carry everywhere with a little note to check it out from the library. The premise sounded so in line with what Chad and I have been trying to teach Olivia. Food doesn't come from a box, she will eat it if she sees how it is made and that to to teach Olivia how to eat healthfully she needs to be in the kitchen with us. I will qualify this with the fact that we do try to get her in as much as she appears interested in doing so, and so far she is a really good eater. However, the author of this cookbook did a segment on Martha last week that included her kids helping her and she reminded me why Olivia and I no longer cook dinner together every night.

This segment was a disaster. The kids whined, none of the steps of the recipe were working out, and the kids looked totally bored. But her five year old could crack a perfect egg.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mike, too, found that Martha cooking segment to be an abject disaster.

You won't have to work too hard to catch up with me in Snow Falling on Cedars. I think I just cleared page 170 last night. I'm still trying to keep to my library due date of 1/28, though.