Thursday

Zen mama

So after a few days in a snow shovelling funk I emerged in the zone today. A little house cleaning and a lot of cooking. I got to use my new blender from Ryan and DJ and poo poo to anyone who says kitchen appliances are lousy gifts. That blender kicked ass, I could have put a tree branch in that thing and made paper. I have also decided that I need one morning a week where I can cook uninterrupted for two hours. It is kind of like a restart button for all that ails me. It is almost meditative, or maybe just an extention of my control freak nature. I know where everything is in my kitchen. EVERYTHING. I like to quiz myself. Chad moved my dried mustard last week and I damn near had a meltdown.

So the long of the short of it is, I can never go back to work. Too bad so sad.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How 'bout combining your passion for cooking and work?? Catering perhaps? Or forget about work and just cook for me.

Anonymous said...

Life is too short to have a meltdown over dried mustard. Dijon in a plastic jar when making deviled eggs for a picnic is a different story.