Monday

Walden Pond

Since I missed last week's Fancy Simple challenges, which totally sucks because I would have won, I have to make up for it this week. Normally, I would not be on the bandwagon for a faith challenge because I think a lot of people my age have become as desensitized to religion as they have to violence thanks to the era of the values voter. However, I feel once you take religion out of the picture, faith is an incredible and wonderful thing that leaves me in awe daily.

Unfortunately, I was raised very Catholic so leaving organized religion out of the picture is pretty difficult. I have so many deep disagreements with the way that the officiants in my church have chosen to interpret faith and what it takes to be a good Christian and who you can love and who you can't that Chad and I have not been able to be as close with our practiced faith as we would like. Yet, I still wake up every day believing in God, believing that our purpose on Earth is to love others and do good things to earn the good things that happen to us so I can never bring myself to say that God and religion is irrelevant in our lives today.

So here is my quote, "All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen. Ralph Waldo Emerson

I think Emerson generally had it right. What I have seen others do has not been enough to make me not believe.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh Baby Girl this is sooo deep--but I think I truly agree you. And this apple doesn't fall far from the tree.