Saturday

Harry Potter DIES

I have always wondered whether the whole Harry potter phenom was real and this article has confirmed my suspicions. Don't get me wrong, I love the books and have even gone to see all the movies. However, I have to believe that there were a LOT of adults out there that fell into the same trap that I did and bought six copies of those books for every kid I knew that I wished read more. None were ever opened by said children. Besides, you had to factor in the fact that tons of adults were reading these books too. I love to read, and did as a kid, however I find it hard to believe that there were kids out there who never read a book and now are reading 700 pages. I read 700 page books, hell, I read Gone With The Wind when I was twelve, but I read several hundred pages a day, every day, long before I read that.

Anyway, I saw the movie today and it was not bad. My mom, God love her, has already bought the new book for since I will be down at her house when it comes out. So don't expect to hear from me next weekend.

PS-What is this bullshit about how kids don't read because they have iPods and Wiis? We had Walkmans and Nintendo, same stuff, we still read. Even it was just comic books.

No comments: