Saturday

Rainy Days and Mondays

I am as giddy as a school girl because my mom and dad are here to visit. This is a rare occasion on the level of Haley's Comet and I am so excited. Chad and I's family and most of our closest friends all live far away and so anytime we can get anyone to come visit us it is really exciting. i usually express excitement with a carefully planned menu and itinierary (my in-laws can attest to this). However, tragedy has struck. My minute by minute itinerary where I planned activities for both my mom and dad as well as special Olivia activities so that my parents could see her in her natural environment have all been ruined by severe thunderstorms. It hasn't rained in weeks, today, it pours.

This is extra tragic because I was hoping that if this trip went super-well that my parents would actually visit me more than once every four years. Oh well, the bribery and fanfare will continue with my extra-yummy potato salad and my mother's homemade extra special birthday cake.

PS-Father-in-law, your menu is already planned, you better book your ticket soon!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My menu can be summed up in three words: Chocolate and burned meat.

Liz Allman said...

Just remember, no more red meat at our house, you better get it all in before you come.