Tuesday

Lazy girl's post

I am going to piggyback on Angie's post today because when she asked the question I didn't have an answer. What is your life list? You know, those things you have to do before you die? I tend to get so caught up in my short term lists that I lose sight of the big picture. I think of things in the abstract, I want a happy family, a beautiful and comfortable home, not I want to be on Wheel of Fortune. Great one, btw Ang. This kind of thinking is spilling into my birthday decision making. I know that I was supposed to have this big blow-out party like Chad did, but I can't commit to a location, a time. I actually asked Chad the other day if it was okay if I just use my birthday budget to buy a new stove. Lame.

Chad and used to have these long talks about when we were older, when we retire, when our kid was older, etc what where we would go. Travel is nice, but I have never once thought about what I would do all the rest of the time.

So I will give it try, this is by no means a complete list:

1. To celebrate Chinese New Year-in China.
2. I would like to work in a bookstore again. I sometimes think that I would like to own my own children's bookstore, but I am forced to admit that I would not enjoy most aspects of owning my own business.

This will have to do for now, because I am running behind on my to do list for today!

3 comments:

angieoh! said...

the Chinese new year in China is a good one! Did you know I used to have these recurring nightmares with Chinese Dragons in them? Scary stuff. for sure.

Barb said...

Wish I was able to live in the moment more. I'm always scheming about one thing or another.

Lynn said...

This nice to think about sometimes. Helps put the day to day stuff (and how quickly time goes by) into persepctive. Here are some of mine (as I got started, I kept coming up with more!)
1. Own a house with trees, a garden and a deck
2. Follow the Tour de France one summer
3. Visit Italy
4. Go on an African safari
5. Pay off my school loans (seems SO daunting right now)
6. Own a pair of Manolo Blanhiks (shallow I know)
7. Be truly happy with my life (haven't quite gotten there yet...)
8. Relatedly, feel at peace and relaxed (MUST do more yoga)
9. See Itzhak Perlman perform live (he's coming to SF this fall, so I might be checking this one off my list)
10. See Mstislav Rostropovich perform live (saddly, not going to happen now)
11. See oral arguments at the Supreme Court (preferably from the bench, but I'm not going to hold my breath on that)