Monday

The Most Wonderful Time of The Year

No, I am not referring to Christmas in March, though that is going on in the form of Olivia's birthday. I am referring to the Wisconsin Film Festival. It is no SXSW but those of us who have been attending it for a few years (seven) have gotten to be proud parents of a festival that has really grown. So my girls Sarah and Heather and I went out and tore it up last night, and by tore it up I mean we had ice cream and pizza, and we pored over this year's entries.

Now here is where my partiality to S & H shows because these girls have a system. I mean they had the schedule so throughly reviewed that I needed a key to figure out their marking system. I will not confirm or deny the fact that back when I was childless and attended more films than I do these days that I had a chart. . .but my OCD is another post for another day.

So I will be spending the next few weeks reading up on short films from Mali bargaining for tickets and reliving my film programming days from college. Back when I was at least closer to hip than I am now. I hear the siren call of the Mom jeans with their non-ass showing properties, but I will hike these up and curse the Gap for one more year.

No comments: